Use Request Tracker to report your concerns.

The City of Johnston’s “Report a Concern” form will help City staff identify problems within our community and address them quickly. Please read this entire section before choosing your form to submit for concern.

Problems that require urgent attention should be directed to the appropriate department during regular business hours.

  • Building Department at 515-727-7778 or email
  • City Hall at 515-278-2344 or email
  • Fire Department at 515-278-2345 or email
  • Parks & Recreation at 515-727-8091 or email
  • Police Department at 515-278-2345 or email
  • Public Works at 515-278-0822 or email
  • For power and streetlight outages, call MidAmerican Energy at 1-888-427-5632 or visit the MidAmerican Energy website
  • For missed garbage or recycling collection, call Metro Waste Authority at 515-244-0021 or visit the Metro Waste Authority website

For Public Works emergencies on weekends and after 3:30 p.m. on weekdays, call 515-278-0822. For a Police or Fire emergency, dial 9-1-1. Thank you for your assistance.