The Johnston utility bills have begun arriving in mailboxes today, Friday, August 7. While the bills were delayed a few days, the due date is still Saturday, August 15.
Customers who are set up with Automatic Withdrawals can expect to see a debit on their accounts on Monday, August 17.
Due to the delay in delivery, the City will be waiving the initial late fee for this month only. Standard late charges will be incurred again after September 15.
Accounts outstanding by Tuesday, September 1, 2020, will receive a red tag notice of shut-off and fee of $35.00. Accounts that are still outstanding by Thursday, September 3, 2020, will be shut-off with an additional $35.00 fee.
If a resident or business has questions regarding their August utility bill, please call City Hall at 515-278-2344 or email email@example.com.
The City of Johnston reminds residents of the options to receive and pay utility bills.
- Automatic Withdrawal: Fill out the form to initiate debit entries to your checking account. For questions, please call City Hall at 515-278-2344.
- Drop-box: Available 24/7, inside the front door at Johnston City Hall
- In-person: At Johnston City Hall, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Pay stations: Payment can be made at the Johnston Hy-Vee and Johnston Price Chopper grocery stores. Please do not drop-off a late payment or shut-off payment at either of these locations.
- Online: Customers can create an online utility billing account through Account Management, allowing them to make payments, view transaction history, submit service requests, and more. Customers can also choose the new Quick Pay tool and pay online without creating an online account. Customers will, however, need to have their account number to pay with Quick Pay.
- Phone: Pay by calling toll-free at 833-259-4019.
- eBill: Receive your bill electronically. To enroll, you must fill out the eBill application and return it to City Hall or email it to Marci Santi.
- Mailed: Receive your bill by the first of the month via the United States Postal Service.