The Johnston Police Department reminds residents of the 9:00 p.m. Routine to protect valuables.
• Remove keys, wallets, cash, garage door openers and other valuable items from vehicles. Roll up windows and lock the doors.
• Bring in or secure all valuables in the yard. This could include children’s toys, bicycles or tools if you are completing a yard or remodeling project.
• Close overhead garage doors and lock any outside garage doors/windows.
• Close and lock doors on the house.
• Ensure all windows in the house are shut and locked if they can easily be accessed.
The Johnston Police Department encourages you and your neighbors to get with the 9:00 p.m. Routine to show potential criminals that you do not tolerate property crime in your neighborhood. The 9:00 p.m. Routine encourages residents to protect themselves from becoming victims of crime by locking and securing their homes, vehicles, and valuables every night at 9:00 p.m. And if you see something, say something.
If you or someone you know has become victim to criminal activity, please contact the Johnston Police Department at 515-278-2345. Click here (PDF) to download the image from below.