Due to the recent amount of rain, the City of Johnston Parks Department has closed several trails due to flooding. Please do not go around trail closures or barricades. They are put in place for your safety.
The trail closure gates include:
- Johnston Drive and behind Crown Point (goes under Merle Hay Road)
- Green Meadows trail into BCNRA behind Crown Point Community Center
- Crown Point Community Center near Terra Lake and the one at Terra Park closing the Regional Trail
- Terra Park entering the BCNRA
- Gate at the south drive near the new power station
- Foxboro Drive and Lew Clarkson Park
- The softball parking lot at Lew Clarkson has been barricaded
- Augustine trail
- Cloverleaves at NW 62nd Avenue at the tunnel
- The stepping stone crossover at Terra has been coned off due to high lake levels
Johnston Parks will provide updates once the water and receded and trails reopen.