The snow has arrived, but do you know where to place your trash and recycling cart during pick up day? There are ways you can help avoid the mess and frustration for the snowplow drivers and the recycling and trash haulers.
- The carts should be placed within your driveway entrances, minimally 2-3 feet apart. Please do not place them out in the street.
- If necessary, keep an area shoveled and clear of snow and/or ice to ensure your cart is off the street.
- Do you need to put both your carts out? Sometimes the recycle cart doesn’t have to go out and can wait if it is windy or storming. Even a windy day can knock over carts that are not full. If your trash cart is in the road, the driver cannot swerve out and around them. The roads would be left a mess and it would be dangerous to swerve in front of other vehicles to avoid carts.
- For more information on trash collection, click here.
- For more information on recycling and yard waste collection, click here.