Join the Johnston-Grimes Metropolitan Fire Department (JGMFD) on Saturday, Oct. 28 at Terra Lake for a family, fun fishing event. Due to inclement weather, most activities will be located inside Crown Point Community Center.
Registration will begin at 9 a.m. inside Crown Point. There will be fishing poles and tackle for those to use at the event. Residents under sixteen (16) years of age can fish without a license.
We hope you can come enjoy the following activities. We have indicated which activities will be inside and outside below.
- Inside Crown Point, the Iowa DNR will provide safety tips when you are in and around water.
- Outside, the JGMFD will provide a water rescue demonstration on Terra Lake. Narration will take place near fishing pier for participants to hear and view.
How to Fish
- On Terra Lake, the JGMFD will have stations set-up to teach you how to properly cast and the other necessary information you must know before fishing.
Species Booth (Inside)
- Learn about the variety of fish species (largemouth bass, channel catfish and bluegill) at Terra Lake and the regulations you must follow when fishing.
Bait Stations (Outside)
- There will be two separate bait stations set-up around the lake!
Raffle Drawing (Outside)
- Businesses have been very generous in donating to this event so be sure you get a raffle ticket when you register!
- Hy-Vee will be serving lunch (hot dogs, chips, and water) from 11 a.m. to noon. Free will donations will be accepted by the Johnston Professional Fire Fighters Local 4835 and used to benefit the community.
- There will be a Tower Ladder and Rescue Engine displayed in parking lot. Ambulances will be available well, depending on call volume during the event.
A special thank you to the Johnston Hy-Vee, Godfather’s Pizza, Johnston Bait & Tackle, Play It Again Sports, Bass Pro, Mills Fleet Farm, Grimes Fareway, Grimes Walmart and Scheels for sponsorship of this event.