Public Works Water/Wastewater Superintendent, Shane Kinsey, received the 2022 Harris Seidel Meritorious Operator Award during the American Water Works Association-Iowa Section Annual Conference in Coralville on October 26, 2022.
The award is given to an Iowa recipient to recognize a special performance in one or more of the following:
- Continuous compliance with public health standards in finished water,
- continuous and outstanding contribution to plant maintenance, thereby prolonging the useful life of equipment,
- special efforts in the training of treatment plant operators,
- special acts related to water treatment beyond the normal operating responsibilities, and
- consistent and outstanding contribution to the operation and/or maintenance of distribution lines, pump stations and reservoirs.
“This award is well-deserved for the great things Shane is doing within our water division and for Johnston residents,” said Public Works Director Matt Greiner. “His passion for ensuring Johnston residents have safe drinking water is top-notch. Congratulations on behalf of the Johnston residents and the Public Works Department.”