Due to the high water and more rain expected this week, trails and water trails within the City of Johnston are closed. There are barricades and gate closures put into place to notify walkers, bikers, runners and those enjoying the water trails.
- Under the Merle Hay bridge north of I-80/35
- Beaver Creek Natural Resource Area near the creek through the timber
- Bridge between Foxboro and Lew Clarkson Park
- NW 62nd Avenue clover leaf and Augustine Trail
- Water trails access points at NW 70th Avenue and Lew Clarkson Park.
The Parks Department will monitor the water as it recedes and open trails as it is safe. Your safety is our top priority in the Johnston community.