Lending libraries have become a new tradition around the metro area, including Johnston. They offer residents a no-cost option to access books within their neighborhood. This tradition helped Jacob Schubert, a student at Johnston High School and a member of Eagle Scout Troop 98.
Last week, with the help of Johnston Parks staff, Jacob installed the libraries around Johnston.
Locations for libraries include:
- Johnston Commons, 6700 Merle Hay Rd.
- Dewey Park, 5225 NW 64th Pl.
- Ray Schleihs Park, 5400 NW 55th Ave.
- Crown Point Community Center, 6300 Pioneer Pkwy.
- Terra Park, 6400 Pioneer Pkwy.
- Green Meadows, Winwood Dr.
- Providence Point Park, 10325 Catalina Dr.
- Lew Clarkson Park, 7501 NW 54th Ave.
- Point Vista Park, 9612 Enfield Dr.
- Johnston Town Center, 6245 Merle Hay Rd.
Staff within the Johnston Parks & Recreation Department, Nate, Todd and Jim, helped to install each of the libraries within the City parks.
The Johnston Public Library will supply books within the lending libraries for community members to enjoy.