NW Beaver Drive Overlay
NW Beaver Drive – Merle Hay Road to NW 66th Avenue
HMA (Asphalt) mill and overlay project along NW Beaver Drive from Merle Hay Road to NW 66th Avenue. The project will include a recreational trail.
Project Information (Updated: 9/20/21)
- Various utilities have above-ground infrastructure installed in conflict with the proposed grade and, in some instances, too close to the trail. HR Green will be notifying them of the need to adjust.
𝐶𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑠
- Grimes Asphalt – The final segment of roadway paving (Zone 5) is expected to begin in the coming week(s) following completion and surface restoration of Zones 1-3 (Merle Hay Road to Coburn Lane) as well as completion of underground work in Zone 5. This involves the asphalt milling, shoulder widening, and overlay from west of Trail Ridge Drive through NW 48th Court and the side road reconstruction of these intersections.
- All-Star Concrete – Zone 4 driveways and side road paving (NW 51st Street) are expected to be completed this week. The remaining trail paving in Zone 3 (west of Coburn Lane) and commencement of trail paving in Zone 4 is also expected to occur this week. The Zone 6 trail extension (NW 48th Ct. to River Bend Drive) is being prepared for paving to occur as crews are available while waiting on other contractors in Zones 3, 4, and 5.
- OnTrack – The contractor is expected to complete Zone 5 underground work and remaining culvert/storm sewer adjustments throughout the project by the end of the week. The final sanitary sewer manhole adjustments and lining will remain outstanding pending final ditch grading and contractor providing manhole lining quotes.
- Wenthold – The contractor is on-site focusing on Zone 3 and 4 final grading to facilitate final surface restoration and trail construction, as well as beginning Zone 5 removals in advance of roadway paving operations.
𝐺𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠
Work is being focused on final surface restoration and completion of Zones 1 through 3 by the end of the month to align with the close of the permanent seeding window. Final surface restoration has been mostly completed through Zone 2 (east of Forest Drive). It is scheduled to be completed through Zone 3 within the fall seeding window (end of September), weather permitting.
Click here (PDF) to view the letter sent to residents on Wednesday, June 2.
Click here (PDF) to view the presentation or a copy of the electronic meeting is shown below from Tuesday, Mar. 23.
Click here (PDF) to view the letter sent to the property owners near the construction regarding the meeting.