Public Works Maintenance Worker I - Street Division
Performs any combination of laboring, equipment operation, semi-skilled building and mechanical trades assignments involving the maintenance and repair of streets, premises and property of the municipality and the provision of scheduled and emergency services within the Public Works Department.
Hourly pay: $22.91 - $29.08
Apply for the position.
Learn more (PDF) about the position.
Police Officer - Certified Lateral Transfer
Seeking dedicated, team-oriented individuals to perform a wide range of law enforcement and crime prevention duties for the safety and protection of life and property in the Johnston community. Officers regularly engage in problem-solving, community education/outreach/intervention, critical thinking, and perform investigative work in preparation for arrest, referral, or mitigation.
Annual starting salary: $63,206 - $73,947
Apply for this position today.
Learn more (PDF) about the position.
Seasonal Maintenance Workers - Parks, Streets, Water/Wastewater
The City of Johnston is looking for seasonal Maintenance Workers in our Streets, Parks, and Water/Wastewater departments. We have flexible hours, and you can begin work in the Spring, and work through the fall, or whatever timeframe fits your schedule.
Responsibilities for the Public Works Department Streets Division you may be:
- Building and setting forms for the pouring and finish of concrete for curbs, gutters and sidewalks, footings, catch basins, manholes, storm sewers; mixes, pours and spreading concrete, asphalt, gravel and other materials using hand and power tools.
Responsibilities for the Public Works Department Water and Wastewater Division you may be:
- Sanding, painting and operating public fire hydrants.
- Clean, inspect and repair manholes, culverts and storm drains using public works equipment, hand and power tools.
Responsibilities for the Parks Department you may be:
- Cleaning and maintaining park equipment, buildings, grounds and city facilities
- Mowing, weed trimming, raking, mulching, seeding and watering park grounds
- Maintaining landscaped areas, pulling weeds, planting landscape, watering landscape beds and trees, pruning trees and shrubs and other duties as assigned.
- Picking up and hauling trash from park grounds to keep city parks clean and safe.
- Performing general maintenance, repairs, cleaning shelters, restrooms picnic tables, benches, and other city facilities.
Hourly pay: $15-$20, depending on department and qualifications
Important NEOGOV NotesYou must create an applicant profile with NEOGOV to use the system. If you have already registered at , you can use that account for the City of Johnston application process. To receive City of Johnston job notifications, you must sign up here.
Most job related notifications, including testing date, application status, and other time-sensitive items, will be sent to you via email. Please be sure you monitor your email account for notifications and updates.
We only accept applications during the announced recruiting period, so make sure to check the application deadline. Those job openings listed as "continuous" have no specific filing deadline, but you should submit your application as soon as possible to be sure you are considered for the next opening. Continuous recruitment may close at any time.
Complete a separate application for each job. A resume or letter of interest cannot be accepted in place of the City application, but may be attached to an application as additional information. Also make sure to complete any required supplemental application forms or online assessments. Remember that it is your responsibility to make sure your application is complete and that all required documents (licenses, transcripts, supplemental questionnaires, etc.) have been submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications are required to be submitted using the City's online recruitment system powered by NEOGOV.