Right-of-Way Permit Process

To obtain a right-of-way permit form, click here (PDF).  If there is a need to close a lane on the street due to right of way work a permit must be filled out in advance. A copy of the permit form is available by clicking here (PDF).

We now offer credit card payments online for right-of-way permits. You will still need to email the completed permit. Click here (PDF) to make a payment.

We need a copy of the company’s liability insurance and an annual security bond in the amount of $10,000. We will not be able to schedule inspections for any sidewalks and approaches until we have these documents on file in our office. Both documents are needed to comply.

Please note that private water, sanitary, storm and other utilities are not located by the City of Johnston or Iowa one call. It is the contractor's responsibility to have private utilities located.

If you have any questions regarding the information needed please call Lori at 515-278-0822. These documents can be faxed to our office at (515)727-8092 or can be submitted to Lori Mason or Steve Gillette.