DepartmentsGovernmentClick to HomeExplore Johnston
Help Center
Click to Home

Go To Search
Emergency Alerts

Contractor Registration
The City of Johnston requires that all electrical, plumbing and mechanical contractors licensed through the State of Iowa be registered with the Johnston Building Department.

Getting Registered
To register, complete a registration form and submit it with a copy of your state license to the Building Department.

This form can be used for all trade license registration. There is no fee, but registration is required before a trade permit can be issued to a contractor.

Every contractor must register new licenses or renew existing licenses upon expiration or issuance.