In accordance with CDC guidelines and state recommendations pertaining to COVID-19, City leaders and staff want to share important information about City parks and trails. We encourage residents to enjoy the outdoors, exercise and get fresh air, but doing so responsibly is important.
While City parks and trails remain open in Johnston, users are encouraged to practice social distancing. The health and well-being of our community is our top priority, and practicing social distancing will prevent community spread. During this time, we remain diligent in taking steps to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible.
Here’s how you can help:
- According to the State of Iowa recommendations, limit your group to less than 10 people when visiting a park or playground in our community.
- If you have been sick in the last two weeks, please stay at home for your health and the safety of others.
- Avoid popular areas where people may congregate; this could include areas like the fishing pier at Terra Park and Greenwood Hills.
- Please maintain distance between you and other park and playground users according to guidelines and recommendations by health officials. Please take into consideration the health of others when spending time outdoors.
- Pack hand sanitizer. Our restrooms within our City parks were closed over the winter and have not yet reopened.
- Additional information on best practices for keeping you and your family safe can be found online at the CDC website.
We continue to monitor the situation and are working with state and local partners daily. As conditions change, so may our policies on park and playground use. We will keep you informed of any changes moving forward.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We appreciate your support of Johnston City parks as we all work together to keep each other safe.