It is that time of year to mow your lawn. Homeowners, businesses and renters are reminded to cut grass, weeds or brush before they exceed the height specifications. The grass, weeds and brush should be maintained adjacent to the curb line.
The height specifications vary depending on the area.
- Developed Residential Areas - not to exceed nine (9) inches
- Undeveloped Residential Areas - not to exceed twelve (12) inches
- Business and Industrial Areas - not to exceed twelve (12) inches
- Agriculture Areas - not to exceed eighteen (18) inches
- Designated Open Spaces – No limit
Those who do not properly maintain their area could face fines. If the city receives a complaint, an inspector will check the property and, if warranted, will send a letter to the property owner explaining they have one week to mow. If the grass, weeds or brush are not cut after a week, an outside contractor will be hired to mow and the property owner will be charged this fee.
To review more of this ordinance, visit Chapter 53.