Schedule of Events
- Sunday, June 9: 1:00 p.m., Historical Mural Tours, Simpson House, 6161 Northglenn Drive. Guided tour of the historical murals at Lawson Elementary School and clay tiles located at the intersection of NW 86th Street and NW 62nd Avenue. The guided tour will begin and end at the Simpson House Museum. Participants must have their own transportation.
- June 13-16: Johnston Green Days, 6400 Pioneer Parkway
- Thursday, June 13: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., CultureALL: Terra Park, 6400 Pioneer Parkway, Cultural educators immerse participants of all ages in authentic, hands-on programs and performances. Featuring Traditional, Folk and Bollywood Dance from India from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. and West African Drumming from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 15: 7:00 a.m., Johnston Public Library Foundation 5-K run, Terra Park, 6400 Pioneer Parkway
- Saturday, June 15: 10:00 p.m., Fireworks: Terra Park, 6400 Pioneer Parkway, Display will feature consumer fireworks and is sponsored by Blazing Glory Fireworks.
- Tuesday, June 18: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Neighborhood Picnic, Crosshaven Park, 7909 NW 95th Street
- Tuesday, July 16: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Neighborhood Picnic, Adventure Ridge Park, 10201 Windsor Parkway
- Sunday, August 11: 7:30 to 9:30 a.m., No Man's Land Trench Run, 7105 NW 70th Avenue
- Sunday, August 11: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.,
Sundaein the Park, Johnston Commons, 6700 Merle Hay Road
- Sunday, August 11: 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Camp Dodge Tour, Town of Herrold, the bridge and Gold Star Museum
- Tuesday, August 13: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Neighborhood Picnic, Dewey Park, 5225 NW 64th Place
- Saturday, August 24: 8:00 a.m., Mayor's Run for the Trails, Terra Park, 6400 Pioneer Parkway
- Saturday, September 19: 6:00 p.m., Homecoming Parade route will begin at Greendale Road and proceed south to Pioneer Parkway, then travel northwest along Pioneer Parkway and end at the Johnston Middle School.
- Saturday, October 5: 6:00 p.m, Johnston 50th Anniversary Gala, Hyperion Field Club, 7390 Beaver Drive. A celebration featuring a sit down dinner, a guest speaker presenting an overview of what was happening in Iowa, the nation and the world in 1969. A DJ spinning music popular in 1969, trivia and many other surprises. Bring your dancing shoes, wear your favorite 1969 fashions and join the fun.
- Saturday, October 12: 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., Moving of Simpson House and Barn Presentation: The Simpson House and Barn are historic buildings within the community. Learn about their move to Johnston Commons Park. Crown Point Community Center, 6300 Pioneer Parkway.
- Friday, October 18: 5:30 p.m., Art in the Barn, Simpson Barn, 6169 Northglenn Drive
Fundraising is critical for the success of the