NW Beaver Drive Overlay
NW Beaver Drive – Merle Hay Road to NW 66th Avenue
HMA (Asphalt) mill and overlay project along NW Beaver Drive from Merle Hay Road to NW 66th Avenue. The project will include a recreational trail.
Project Information (Updated: 9/7/21)
- CenturyLink – The conflict with on-grade splices has been addressed. The contractor can now proceed with a demo of these and continue with ditch grading.
- ICN – The hand hole conflict with the trail identified near Coburn will be relocated. The hand hole conflict at Trail Ridge has been confirmed and can be removed by the contractor/ICN. Similarly, the exposed conduit west of Coburn is abandoned and can be removed while grading.
𝐶𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑠
- Grimes Asphalt – Waiting for substantial completion of Zones 1-3 (possibly 4) before authorized for next area of paving (Zone 5 thru the end of the project).
- All-Star Concrete – The trail crossing at NW 70th Avenue and NW Beaver Drive and a portion of Zone 4 driveways were completed this past weekend. The focus will now be on the remaining trail and driveways (and replacement) in Zones 1-3. While also continuing on Zone 4 driveways. Trail work in Zone 4 will follow. Zone 6 trail extension can be prepared at any time. Paving of NW 51st Street is tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday, Sept. 8.
- OnTrack – The contractor was back on-site this week and began working on Zone 5 underground work. The focus has turned to address issues on prior zones to facilitate final grading in the coming week(s). Once this work is complete, the focus will shift back to Zone 5 storm sewer, driveway culverts, sanitary sewer service extensions, and hydrant relocations – one of which is tentatively scheduled to be done on Wednesday, Sept. 8.
- Wenthold – The contractor is on-site focusing on Zone 2 and 3 final grading in advance of final surface restoration, which is scheduled to occur in at least Zones 1 through 3 within the fall seeding window (end of September).
𝐺𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠
Work is focused on final surface restoration and completion of Zones 1 through 3 in the coming weeks.
Click here (PDF) to view the letter sent to residents on Wednesday, June 2.
Click here (PDF) to view the presentation or a copy of the electronic meeting is shown below from Tuesday, Mar. 23.
Click here (PDF) to view the letter sent to the property owners near the construction regarding the meeting.