Applications are required to be submitted using the City's online recruitment system powered by NEOGOV.
Important NEOGOV Notes
- You must create an applicant profile with NEOGOV to use the system. If you have already registered at governmentjobs.com, you can use that account for the City of Johnston application process.
- To receive City of Johnston job notifications, you must sign up here.
- Most job related notifications, including testing date, application status, and other time-sensitive items, will be sent to you via email. Please be sure you monitor your email account for notifications and updates.
- We only accept applications during the announced recruiting period, so make sure to check the application deadline. Those job openings listed as "continuous" have no specific filing deadline, but you should submit your application as soon as possible to be sure you are considered for the next opening. Continuous recruitment may close at any time.
- Complete a separate application for each job. A resume or letter of interest cannot be accepted in place of the City application, but may be attached to an application as additional information. Also make sure to complete any required supplemental application forms or online assessments. Remember that it is your responsibility to make sure your application is complete and that all required documents (licenses, transcripts, supplemental questionnaires, etc.) have been submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Certified Police Officer
The Johnston Police Department is accepting applications for open positions at the Johnston Police Department. Law enforcement professionals interested in applying must be certified, demonstrate professionalism, a commitment to community policing, while being proactive and creating citizen engagement.
The department will offer a starting salary as high as $67,051, dependent upon qualifications, and up to $2,500 incentive pay upon successful completion of field training. Click here for more details on the benefits of joining the JPD team.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly by submitting a cover letter and resume to JPDcareers@cityofjohnston.com.
The City of Johnston Police Department is located at 6373 Merle Hay Road, Johnston, IA 50131. If you have questions, please contact the Johnston Police Department at 515-278-2345.