All building inspections need to be scheduled by calling the Building Department at 515-727-7778. In order to allow ample time to plan our schedules we ask that you contact us at least 24 hours prior to desired inspection time.
Please leave a message if we cannot answer immediately, and leave the following information:
- Project address
- Type of inspection needed
- Contact name and phone number
The following is a list of required inspections, this is not a full list and other inspections or documentation may be required at any point at the Building Department's discretion.
- Perimeter Erosion Controls in Place
- Plumbing Under Slab/Service
- Plumbing Rough-in
- Electrical Rough-in
- Framing and Mechanical Rough-in
- Sidewalk, Driveway Approach and Curb Cuts are scheduled through the Public Works Department (515-278-0822)
- Final Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (CO)
Things To Know
Soil tests and other engineering may be required. It is the responsibility of the contractor to find out and have any required reports before footing inspections.
Construction water is not provided as part of the building permit. A locking meter valve will be installed at time of inspection and the plumber/builder should call the Water Department at 515-727-7772 to have the lock removed when the meter is installed.